Red-hot Billiat on target again

Red-hot Billiat on target again Khama Billiat

ZIMBABWE international forward Khama Billiat scored once again as Mamelodi Sundowns crushed Chippa United 3-0 in an ABSA Premiership tie last night. The diminutive Zimbabwean has been one of the stand-out players at the Brazilians this season, providing both goals and assists, and fuelling his team’s relentless march towards the league championship title.

Billiat struck with a left-foot finish, from an assist by Keegan Dolly, to score Sundowns’ third goal of the evening that ended this game as a contest. He was later replaced, in the second half, by his fellow countryman, Cuthbert Malajila.

Teko Modise and Leonardo Castro, the Colombian who has benefited a lot from Billiat’s assists and good form, were also on target for the Brazilians who will play Zimbabwe’s Chicken Inn in a CAF Champions League preliminary round tie.

Kaizer Chiefs also won last night, beating Golden Arrows 2-0. An early goal from Camaldine Abraw and a 96th minute strike from Willam Twala handed Chiefs a cagey 2-0 win over Golden Arrows in an Absa Premiership match at the Moses Mabhida Stadium.

The win is Chiefs’ seventh of the league season and sees them up to 29 points in fourth place, a point behind third placed Bidvest Wits.

The loss for Arrows sees them drop to eighth place on the table with 21 points.

Chiefs started like a hours on fire and opened the scoring in the seventh minute courtesy of a clinical 12-yard header from Abraw after latching onto a right-sided free-kick from George Maluleka, 1-0. In the 15th minute George Lebese should have doubled Amakhosi’s lead when Maluleka plyed George Lebese through on goal, but he failed to beat the Arrows keeper in a one-on-one.

Five minutes later Arrows lost the services of Thembela Sikhakhane, who left the field injured and was replaced by Ryan Chapman. In the 25th minute Siphiwe Tshabalala came close to scoring, but the Chiefs attacker pulled an 18-yard shot narrowly wide of the target.

It was all Chiefs and only Maximilian Mbaeva was able to keep the scorline the same in the dying seconds of the half as he superbly palmed away a 24-yard shot from Willard Katsande.

Arrows had the first chance to score in the second half when substitute Dean Hotto broke through on goal, but fired wide with just Reyaad Pieterse to beat. Both teams seemed to squander possession after that which resulted in chances on goal being at a bare minimum.

Amakhosi substitute William Twala should have put the result beyond doubt ten minutes from time when Tsepo Masilela played him through on goal, but the former shot straight at the keeper under no pressure. — Sports Reporter/SuperSport.

Share This: