Sweswe concedes relegation battle loss Lizwe Sweswe

Patrick Chitumba at BATA Stadium

GWERU-based Sheasham sank deeper into the relegation zone following their 2-3 loss to Army side Black Rhinos FC in a Premiership match at Bata on Saturday.

Both teams went into the match desperately needing a win and retain their hopes of surviving relegation with the army side walking away with the three points in a temper-filled match.

Sheasham FC are on 35 points while Black Rhinos have moved to 35 points but have a superior goal difference as compared to the Construction Boys.

Sheasham, who were the away team as Black Rhinos are also using Bata as home ground, are now deep in the relegation zone with their coach Lizwe Sweswe coming short of admitting that they had lost the battle to stay in the league.

“Look, we tried our best but we conceded from two set pieces and we didn’t defend very well. I have got a feeling that our chances of survival are very low. I don’t know, we will see the next match. I as a coach I think I have tried and sometimes failing after having tried is the best way forward,” he said. Black Rhinos coach Saul Chaminuka said the battle is not yet over.

“The win sees us to the next game and we need to win it. Since the beginning of the season I have been telling my players that we need all the points. If we had won many games we would not be fighting relegation,” he said.

Chaminuka said there is need to bring VAR in the league to ensure Fair Play.

The match started with Black Rhinos taking the game to the Construction Boys’ half and were rewarded after 10 minutes through a Lot Chiwunga goal.Chiwunga was picked by Garikai Dematsika’s cross before firing a shot into the far right corner beating Sheasham goalkeeper Elton Sibanda. After 28 minutes Sheasham were awarded a penalty after Liberty Masveure was brought down in the box by Chelsea Nyakope while in a scoring position.

Bulawayo based Referee Thembinkosi Sibanda pointed to the spot and William Stima made no mistake beating Black Rhinos goalkeeper Lenon Gonese.

On the stroke of half-time Black Rhinos took the lead after Nyakope slotted home a free-kick from Sylon Chikwerengwe.

Sheasham equalised in the 64th minute through Physiwell Madhazi following a beautiful build up from the back engineered by substitute Tanaka Chidhobha.

In the 67th minute, Black Rhinos had an Evans Katema’s goal disallowed by referee Sibanda, who blew the whistle citing an infringement on the Sheasham goalkeeper.

A scuffle ensured between Black Rhinos technical team, players and the referee before police intervened. The match resumed after three minutes of stoppage and Black Rhinos again took the lead through a Valentine Katsande rebound after Sibanda failed to deal with a freekick from Nyakope after 80 minutes.

You Might Also Like