Love triangle ends in death

Love triangle ends in death

Lovemore Meya Court Correspondent
A Chitungwiza man has appeared in court for allegedly killing another man by head-butting him for kidnapping a policeman’s son in the same town. The deceased was accusing the policeman’s son of having an affair with his wife. Patson Kachomba (35) of St Mary’s had intervened by seizing an axe from the now deceased Marvelous Dinhidza who attempted to strike the policeman’s son, Tawanda Madzvanya (21).

The incident occurred on New Year’s Day at around 5am at Chigovanyika bus terminus in Chitungwiza. It is alleged that Dinhidza was in the company of Thomas Hamandishe (29) of St Mary’s and attempted to kidnap Madzvanya over the infidelity accusations.

The court heard that Dinhidza and Hamandishe were thoroughly beaten by the mob. Dinhidza reportedly armed himself with an axe and tried to strike Madzvanya, leading to Kachomba’s intervention.

This did not go down well with Dinhidza who,in a fit of rage, charged towards Kachomba. The two reportedly engaged into a scuffle that led Kachomba to head-butt Dinhidza twice on the forehead. Dinhidza reportedly died a few hours later as a result of the injuries sustained.

This led to Kachomba’s arrest and subsequent appearance in court on Tuesday before Chitungwiza magistrate Ms Tafadzwa Miti.

Kachomba was not asked to plead to murder charges and was remanded to January 16.

He was also advised to seek bail at the High Court.

Ms Joice Fusire prosecuted.

Meanwhile, Hamandishe has since appeared in court facing kidnapping charges and was remanded in custody to January 18.

The court heard that on the day, Madzvanya was at the bus stop when Hamandishe came in company of a man identified only as Tinashe and suddenly grabbed him.

It is alleged that Dinhidza also appeared and grabbed Madzvanya by the collar.

The three allegedly dragged him towards Huruyadzo Shopping Centre accusing him of having an affair with Dinhidza’s wife.

They allegedly searched Madzvanya and took his $10.

In a separate case, two suspected robbers yesterday appeared in court for fatally stoning a man before stealing his valuables and $120 in cash.

Tatenda Gwanda (22) and Saymore Dzimaita (22) were charged with murder when they appeared before Harare magistrate Mr Elijah Makomo.

Mr Makomo remanded the duo in custody to January 29 for their trial.

Prosecutor Mrs Idah Maromo proved that on November 8 2014 along Hurst Road, Waterfalls, Harare, Gwanda and Dzamaita waylaid Caleb Muzunze as he walked home from work.

The court heard that the two suddenly stoned Muzunze on the head until he fell to the ground.

It is alleged that the two searched him and stole a black grey satchel containing groceries, Nokia Asha cellphone and a wallet containing $120.

Share This: