LATEST: City employees suffocate

LATEST: City employees suffocate Mr Chideme

Masline Mavudzi Herald Reporter

Two Harare City Council employees died in a suspected case of suffocation after they were trapped in a wastewater manhole during an operation to unblock a sewer line in Msasa Park yesterday.

In a statement, the city’s acting corporate communications manager, Mr Michael Chideme, confirmed the death of a senior wastewater operator and his assistant.

He said they were choked to death.

“The City of Harare announces with a deep sense of sorrow the death of two of its employees today in Msasa Park during an operation to unblock a waste water line,” he said.

Details to follow….

Share This: