Israeli forces ambush, massacre Palestinians while receiving aid Palestinian Ambassador to Zimbabwe Dr Tamer Almassri

Ivan Zhakata Herald Correspondent

PALESTINIAN Ambassador to Zimbabwe Dr Tamer Almassri has condemned the ambushing and killing of people who were receiving humanitarian aid in the Gaza Strip by Israel.

The Palestinian civilians, who were massacred, were waiting for the arrival of humanitarian aid trucks at the Al Nabulsi Roundabout in Gaza yesterday morning when they were ambushed and killed by Israeli forces.

In a statement, Ambassador Almassri demanded an immediate ceasefire by Israel as the only way to protect civilians.

He said the attack left at least 150 martyrs and over 1 000 wounded.

“Israel had premeditated intent to commit this horrific massacre, executing the victims deliberately within the framework of genocide and ethnic cleansing of the residents of the Gaza Strip,” Ambassador Almassri said. “The Israeli army was aware that these victims had come to this area to obtain food and aid, yet they killed them in cold blood. Israel is intentionally starving Palestinians and should be held accountable for war crimes and genocide.

“Hunger and severe malnutrition are widespread in the Gaza Strip, where about 2,2 million Palestinians are facing severe shortages resulting from Israel destroying food supplies and severely restricting the flow of food, medicines and other humanitarian supplies.”

Ambassador Almassri said the massacre proved once again that the Israeli government do not give any attention to international law which demanded the protection of civilians.

The latest massacres were new evidence of genocide and the occupation policy to forcefully displace the Palestinian people.

“The worsening and continuing suffering of the Palestinian people at the hands of Israeli apartheid state reflects a moral and legal failure of the global system and of the countries that claim to be committed to peace, the two-state solution and the principles of human rights,” Ambassador Almassri said.

“The number of civilians killed since the start of the Israeli aggression on Gaza on October 7 last year has risen to 30 000 with 70 percent being women and children while 7 000 are still under the rubble and 70 215 injured. Over 135 journalists, 152 UN staff have been killed while 90 percent of Gaza homes, government offices, UN facilities and hospital has been destroyed.”

You Might Also Like

Comments