Augustine Hwata Sports Reporter
THE Premier Soccer League said they will deal with the drama that occurred at Rufaro on Sunday after getting comprehensive reports from all the parties. The league match was delayed by 45 minutes after Hwange threatened to boycott
, alleging that their coaches had been assaulted by Dynamos marshals.
Hwange head coach Nation Dube and his assistant Mamelo Njekwa alleged that they were manhandled by some Dynamos marshals following a burst-up in the tunnel before warm up.
Njekwa and Dube were escorted to hospital and Hwange insisted that the game should not go ahead without their coaches.
Three Dynamos marshals were taken to the police station before the game went ahead with Hwange kit manager Andrew Zulu and fitness trainer Kenny Nyape taking charge.
Dynamos won the game 4-2.
Yesterday, PSL chief executive Kenny Ndebele said he was still waiting for all the correspondences related to the incident.
“What I have received so far is an official complaint from Hwange,” said Ndebele.
Hwange secretary, Burzil Dube, complained to match commissioner Wilfred Mukuna and their letter has been forward to PSL.
“I have not received anything from the match commissioner and the fourth official.
“I think we will also need to hear from Dynamos’ side and the police report.
“So we need to get the full reports before deciding on the course of action to take,” said Ndebele.
The PSL spokesman, however, emphasised that the league was worried by any behaviour that brings the name of football and the sponsors into disrepute.
“The club leaders have to take full control of their people.
“In terms of the PSL rules and regulations, the home team is responsible in matters of security,” said Ndebele.
Ndebele also pointed out that CAPS United will be appearing before a disciplinary committee to answer charges after their fans forced a premature end to their league game against Chicken Inn.
Dynamos, just like the PSL, said they will need to further investigate what really happened on Sunday.
Club secretary, Ray Kazembe, said the issue of the alleged fracas will come up at their routine meeting today.
“We are going to investigate what happened.
“I also hope to get a briefing from the chief of security for the team to establish what happened,” said Kazembe. Kazembe said today’s meeting would also focus on their preparations for the game against Esperance on Sunday.
“The meeting is also going to look at our preparations for this match in the Champions League.
“Details are still sketchy but the communication were received is that Esperance are coming on Friday in a private jet and will leave on Monday,” said Kazembe.